4:00 PM – 5:00 PM (PDT) | Room 2 | Saturday 4 July 2020
Panel Description: Do titles like Sword Art Online, The Promised Neverland, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, or the Fate series make your otaku heart skip a beat? Then you don’t want to miss the Aniplex of America Industry Panel! Join us as we bring you the latest news on all your favorite Aniplex shows from the comfort of your home – and ours!
Something that’s pretty awesome and happening RIGHT NOW is that Funimation Con is featuring Day 1 of Aniplex Online Fest in Room 2 (all day!) Since I hopped on, Aniplex has been playing some great music between panels. You can also view it live on YouTube (LINK).
At this industry panel, audiences were joined by Anthony Foronda and Rose Iwai, both are marketing specialists at Aniplex USA. They discussed new and returning releases for the year!
Some Popular Anime Releases/Returns:
- Kaguya-Sama Love is War – Box Set release! You can also watch the series now on Funimation! We recommend seeing Mother’s Basement review/analysis on the series after you watch the season.
- The Misfit of Demon King Academy – a personal favorite of mine that has been mentioned several times today (SO PLEASE GO WATCH IT–I/WE NEED MANY SEASONS OF THIS)
- SAO: Alicization War of Underworld – this is the final season of SAO: Alicization. It airs on 11 July 2020. (Heads up, I saw a tentacle wrapped around Sugu’s character in the trailer, though it went fast so I could be wrong… still, I feel the need to warn you all)
- The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED – IT’S BACK! 30 July on Funimation! In the meantime, you can enjoy some of the series’ fantastic music on YouTube. I love Okamoto’s song, “Welcome My Friend” (so maybe start there? :-D)
- Aniplex launches Aniplex NEXT! Aniplext NEXT is a new streaming project which aims to inform fans about Aniplex’s latest shows, games, and merchandise to the public quicker. Two versions of the program will be simultaneously streamed via Aniplex’s official YouTube channel, one in Japanese and the other with English subtitles for the global audience!
On a final note…